Air Cadet Pilot Scheme
Flying Training News
For many years Tayside Aviation has been the sole provider of Air Cadet training for the RAF, which is now referred to as the Air Cadet Pilot Scheme (ACPS). We continue to have an excellent reputation for first class training and pass rates. Since 1994, thousands of young adults have acquired flying skills and achieved solo status with the support of our experienced and professional staff and instructors. Visit our Air Cadets on You Tube
Other sources of flying scholarships
- Air League - Tayside Aviation is a corporate member of the Air League and most of the residential flying scholarships awarded by the trust are conducted here in Dundee. Students stay in the Hilton Hotel which provide excellent facilities including gym, swimming pool and jacuzzi. Check out The Air League website for more information on how to apply for a scholarship.
- Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators - Tayside Aviation deliver a number of flying scholarships each year on behalf of GAPAN UK and GAPAN Hong Kong. These scholarships are a unique opportunity for people who want to become pilots or further their qualifications as pilots. Applications for 2012 scholarships will be available on the GAPAN website before the end of December 2011.
- Women in Aviation International There are 64 scholarships available for 2012 this year from WAI International. They cover expenses for academic study, technical training, flight training as well as recreational flying, engineering and maintenance. You must be a member of Women in Aviation International to apply for these scholarships so check out their website and join now if you are interested. www.wai.org/education/scholarships.cfm
- Geoffrey De-Havilland Flying Foundation
- Royal Aeronautical Society
Testimonial - Matt Dearden, HQ Air Cadets Flying Scholarship
"I cannot thank the Air League Trust enough for my 12 hour flying scholarship that i undertook at Tayside Aviation, Dundee during the previous two weeks. The course as a while was just phenomenal. The instructors there were second to none and their excellent teaching and encouragement allowed me to quickly convert onto the Piper Warrior, reaching solo standard and beyond. I had the pleasure of being able to fly my first solo sortie in G-EVIE: a special flight in a special aircraft! One of the biggest highlights of the course was being able to fly in each others’ aircraft for navigation flights and work with three of the other Air League scholars(Sam Stoddart, Dale McLaughlin and Khotso Marumo). This experience has given me a lot more confidence in flying and a wholehearted desire to pursue a PPL, hopefully in the near future. The course was demanding, but in the end it was definitely hugely rewarding. In addition, we also anded away at Fife which was very exciting(the runway is half the length of Dundee!) and had the privilege of sharing a hotel with the Red Arrows in the two days they were based at RAF Leuchars before their Olympic flypast. It was great to talk in depth with pilots who are at the top of their game and who had a big interest in what we were doing as well. Once again, I am so grateful to the Air League Trust for awarding me a scholarship which yielded an unforgettable experience that was shared with a group of such talented and like-minded individuals with whom i formed strong bonds. "